Sunday, February 22, 2009

That ain't for me, but it is for me....

I love watching The Soup on E!

Now granted, they say to understand the target audience of a television show, pay attention to what the commercials airing between it are selling. And unless I'm looking for bra-strap adjusters or changing my life with Dr. Phil, then this show isn't aimed at me.

And yet, it completely is.

I'm not entirely sure if it's just me, but as a writer, I hate reality television. No, I really do. You have no idea how much I hate it. It's worked fully from the opposite end of the spectrum that I operate. The editing, putting things together to make it look like something that it's not. Furthermore, the producers bait and swap the "contestants" to do or say things to "spice it up a bit." Now I wouldn't have a problem with this normally, but the whole thing is just drama that I don't need. I have friends and co-workers. I don't need to see pretty people's problems when I have my own. Gossip, gossip, gossip. And then, we have the wonderful world that is, The Soup. A show that mocks all of this. I don't know how else to put it. I love this show. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm back to work with Digits before my internet radio podcast with the West Coast today.

Oh, and one last note, I think I'll celebrate film making today by NOT watching the Oscars, and going to see a movie in the cinema instead.

No comments: